Awards & Recognition
Each year, InvestmentNews honors female financial advisers and industry executives who are distinguished leaders at their firms. These women have advanced the business of providing advice through their leadership, passion, creativity and willingness to help other women along the way.
- June 3 - Aug. 2, 2019: Award Nomination Period
- Nov. 18, 2019: 2019 Women to Watch are profiled in the pages of InvestmentNews’ and on InvestmentNews.com.
- March 12, 2020: 5th Annual Women to Watch awards luncheon in New York City.
Each year, InvestmentNews recognizes standout employers in the financial advice industry. These firms, ranging from small practices with fewer than 20 people to large companies with hundreds, invest in creating a work atmosphere and culture that attracts the best employees. The annual list of top firms is compiled by Best Companies Group through online employee and employer surveys. The collected information is combined to determine the strengths of each of the firms that voluntarily participate in the program and each workplace is ranked on this data.
- Aug. 24 – Dec. 6, 2019: Firm registration period at INbestplacestowork.com
- Feb. 21, 2020: Best Places to Work winners for 2020 are notified
- April 27, 2020: Winners are profiled in the pages of InvestmentNews and on InvestmentNews.com.
- November 2020: Top Advisory Firm Summit luncheon event and workshop honoring winners
The InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 program recognizes and celebrates up-and-comers in the financial advice industry. Each year, our editorial team reviews more than 1,000 nominations to create a list of 40 outstanding financial advisers, or industry professionals supporting advisers, who are 39 or younger. Honorees are judged on their accomplishments, contribution to the industry, leadership and promise.
- Feb. 1 – Feb. 29, 2020: Award nomination period
- April 2020: Honorees will be notified
- May 2020: Awards and business workshop for honorees
- June 22, 2020: 40 Under 40 are profiled in the pages of InvestmentNews and on InvestmentNews.com
This program pays tribute to the visionaries who have shaped and transformed the financial advice profession. InvestmentNews’ editorial team, as well as readers, recognize the men and women who have made outstanding contributions to the financial advice profession.
- Aug. 12, 2019 – Sept. 30, 2019: Nominations window for Icon and Innovators, and Innovation Awards for firms.
- Feb. 3, 2020: Icon and Innovation Awards winners, and Innovation Awards firm finalists, are revealed in InvestmentNews in print and online at InvestmentNews.com.
- April 30, 2020: Innovation Summit and Awards dinner, featuring workshop for award winners and finalists in New York City. Firm winners in each category will be announced at the event.
- May 18, 2020: The InvestmentNews Innovation Issue featuring insights from the Innovation Summit along with discussions with our winners and finalists.
The Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion Awards identify and celebrate individuals, advisory firms, industry partners and institutions for their dedication to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We revealed the 2019 individual winners and firm finalists in the August 5 issue of InvestmentNews and online at InvestmentNews.com.
- March 2 to April 30, 2020: Award nomination period
- June 1, 2020: Honorees notified
- July 13, 2020: Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion individual award winners are profiled in the InvestmentNews Diversity Issue
- September 2020: InvestmentNews Diversity & Inclusion Awards Celebration in New York